Frederick B. Taylor
Frederick B. Taylor was born in Ottawa, Ontario, in 1906. He obtained his bachelor's degree in architecture from McGill University in 1930. Taylor then went on to study at the University of London, Goldsmiths College of Art, London Central School of Arts & Crafts and at the Byam Shaw School of Painting, also in London, England. Taylor returned to Montreal and from 1940-43, taught at McGill University's School of Architecture.
Taylor became a member of the Society of Canadian Painters, Etchers and Engravers in 1934 and a life member in 1959. In 1943, he became a member of the Canadian Society of Graphic Arts. Taylor joined the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts, first as Associate Painter in 1938 and then as Academician Painter in 1966.
From 1932-1963 Taylor's work was exhibited in fourteen solo exhibitions in Montreal, Toronto and Ottawa. He received commissions executed for the Government of Canada and many major industrial corporations in Canada and the United States.
Galerie Jeanne Newmann, Montreal, 1973.
Roberts Gallery, Toronto, 1979.
Galerie Walter Klinkhoff, Montreal: 1977, 1985.
Old Wreck in Port au Saumon, Charlevoix County, Que., 1983 Oil on masonite 8 1/2 x 10 1/8 in
21.5 x 25.5 cm
Frederick B. Taylor Inventory no. 25-96 CAD 950
Pouring Residue Bronze into the Chill Moulds in the Brass Foundry, Dominion Engineering Works, Lachine, Quebec, 1942 Oil on canvas 13 x 16 in
33 x 40.6 cm